Firstly we'll have a chat & get to know each other & by doing this we'll work out a plan of action! Everyone has different ideas about what they would like to gain from the lessons & it is important that this is established from the start!
1. We start with a breathing exercise, then a gentle warm-up to prepare your voice.
2. You will learn a variety of simple techniques, allowing you to gain control of your voice, improving your pitch, volume & range.
3. Lessons are taken at your own pace, but you will notice changes in your vocal ability extremely quickly.
4. You'll also learn how to use expressive techniques & to successfully interpret a song.
5. You can bring a song, or choose from a selection of backing tracks from artists such as Rihanna, The Sugababes, Daniel Merriweather, Elton John, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, & 'The Sound of Music'!
It will give you the opportunity to try out the vocal skills you have learnt & most importantly, have fun!
6. I can also teach you how to use a microphone, for both live & recording purposes.
Whatever your level, from beginner to advanced, you will find that the lessons can offer you something new.
Learning to sing is a fantastic experience - I hope that you will feel inspired to give it a try!